Ugh. Vacuums. I wrote before about how much we use our vacuum, and how disappointed I was with the one we bought this summer. Then I was able to fix it, and all was well again.
All was not well this week, when it broke AGAIN!!! It actually broke about a week ago, and I haven't been happy about that at all. I had to vacuum with John's Shopvac, or do without. Do you know how l-o-n-g it takes to vacuum a house with a Shopvac? Do you know how your body feels after that? It isn't a whole lot of fun, though the house looked much better after a good vacuum.
Finally today, I gave in and did it. We bought ANOTHER vacuum. I have prayed and prayed that this would be the right vacuum. So far, I love it, but I'm still too scarred from the other vacuums to get my hopes up high. We got a Dyson, because it was a good deal--Target had it with a gift card offer (who can refuse a gift card), as well as a donation for Breast Cancer Research.
Rebekah and Jesse went with me, on this, the highest of shopping days! I actually hadn't intended to buy today, but with all the black Friday shopping and all, I figured at least I could use the gift card to buy the other things we were going to get anyway! Too bad I didn't think about the fact that I was driving John's little car, and the vacuum is in a HUGE box. It all ended well, and we didn't have to tie it to the roof or drag it behind the car.
Hannah was thrilled that the vacuum is pink : ) She got to try it out on it's maiden voyage through the living room. Johnny loves that the hose attachment looks like a gun, and I like that it is quieter than other vacuums we've own. I was a little disturbed to see how much it picked up with just ONE trip through the house, but then again, better IN the vacuum, than on the floor.
So, that's the story of our latest purchase. More important than the silly vacuum, we had a great day visiting with Grammy Linda and Papa Mike. Since I don't have pictures out of the camera yet, and I'm tired, I wrote about a silly vacuum, and I'll save pictures and visit stories for a time when I have more energy, and can write more coherently!
3 comments:
Congrats on the Dyson! I lurve mine like crazy. :) I still call it my baby, hehe.
I have never seen a pink vacuum! We have wood laminate floors with area rugs. I just take the rugs out a beat them hehehe.
I saved the link to your blog and finally had a chance to check in on you since the last time! You know - I've been through 2 vacuums since I got married - and I was very annoyed by this. I figured at the very least a vacuum should last longer than a year or two! Sheesh.
I found an amazing deal on a nearly brand new Kirby on Craigslist and I just had to get it (my parents have had their Kirby for more than 15 years - and it's survived the mountains of cat hair in their house).
Glad you were able to get a great deal on a high quality vacuum like the Dyson!
Ps. I'm still working on getting my blog "active" - I'll let you know when I get it going!
Post a Comment