Yesterday we got to go out to the foothills and learn about "rocks and stuff". Perfect timing, since we just finished a unit on Rocks, Minerals and land formations last week.
Things we liked best:
Jesse: "Rawr!"
Jesse: "Rawr!"
Johnny: "the gift shop"
Hannah: "looking for fossils"
Rebekah: "those glow in the dark rocks"
Emily: "that I got to hang with my friends"
Hmmm, doesn't sound as educational as I had hoped! There was a little museum, an instructional time, and then each child was given an egg carton. They were to put one rock/mineral/gemstone/fossil/cool thing into each compartment. A big area of rocks/gravel/treasures was available, and we all dug in. Too bad Jesse doesn't get counting. I think he had 10 things in each compartment!
At least there was lots of info presented on Rocks, Minerals, their uses in every day life; dinosaurs, fossils, gemstones. . . . and I enjoyed digging in the dirt looking for stones and fossils too!
1 comment:
Nancy, where did you go? Last year we covered this topic and would have loved to do something like this. You have to share this location :-) Thanks!
Post a Comment