That's the new "thing" I'm trying. Supposed to save time and money, and I'm all for that. I came across the idea this last week. You can read more here: http://5dinners1hour.blogspot.com/
Of course, being the frugal person I am, I haven't subscribed, just used the idea :) This afternoon I did put together 4 meals, but it took about an hour and 20 minutes. Not bad considering I was interrupted about 6 times with requests to help with Halloween costumes!
On the menu for this week. . . . .
steak and potatoes in the crockpot
cut up whole chicken in citrus marinade (maybe with rice?)
teriaki pork chops and potatoes
chicken parmesan over mini penne pasta
3 of those are in the fridge in ziploc bags just waiting for their day. The 4th "meal" was meatballs, but then I changed my mind since I read the chicken parmesan recipe while I was making the meatballs. Can't have spagetti and meatballs too close to another italian dish can we. Maybe I need antother meatball recipe. . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment