Here is another picture just after stitches were out. Note how much happier he is ; )
Stitches were out on Friday, and once again we can thank God for being with us. Our regular doctor was ill, and we had to see someone else. That someone else was so sweet and kind, I was very grateful!
Saturday was another day. I was holding Jesse on my lap when I noticed blood on his fingers. Uh oh. He had scratched the cut wide open. Open enough, it looked like we could probably go get another stitch in it! Ugh. We put a butterfly on it, and hoped that would do. It did, but unless that boy has a band aid on it, it gets picked at and opened. Praying for quick healing before too much scarring happens!
Thursday, I made the mistake of taking a shower. Showers are luxuries I am not often afforded, and I just don't know what got in my head. Anyway, when I got out, I was greeted with the overwhelming smell of nail polish. Uh oh again. Ugh. Somewhere, Jesse found a bottle of nail polish--MY nail polish--and had painted most of his lower extremities with it. In fact, most of his feet, his legs below his knees, part of his diaper, his hands and his arms were covered.
Here he is napping, before I could get most of it off.
I did find that a nice warm bubble bath loosens the stuff up enough that it can be "scraped" off with a loofa or something like that. Of course with a very active not-yet-two-year-old, we needed 2 baths before we could get it all off. Leaving some on was not really an option, because remember, stitches were to come out Friday. Just what I needed, to explain how my 1 yr old got stitches, and also why so much of him is covered in nail polish!
Thankfully nail polish is off, cut is healing and everything is peaceful. The day is yet young though!
No comments:
Post a Comment