Friday, September 4, 2009

NOT back to school day 2009

Our annual holiday of the homeschooling kind finally rolled around again today. Usually for NOT back to school day, we go out to breakfast, then on to the beach, just our family. This year, we did something different.


first, it was off for a yummy breakfast!




After that, we headed for a local waterpark where fun was had by all!




We actually spent the entire day there. I mean, we got there when they opened, and left about 45 minutes before they closed. I was impressed that Jesse had a nice nap, poolside of course. The boys and I enjoyed NUMEROUS trips around the lazy river (thank you Lisa!). . . . . re-named by Johnny as "the wavy river". The girls spent time there, as well as the slides, and a little time on the little kids playstructure as well!

Our homeschool group went today as well, so everyone had friends to play with. What a great day. We are now all VERY tired, and a little sunburned--well some more than others!

One sad note was that Hannah's new beautiful bathing suit did not arrive in time for today's trip. Of course, what was waiting on the porch when we got home--yep, the new bathing suit. I guess we'll just have to go back to the park one more time before it closes for the season. Who ever heard of a waterpark in CALIFORNIA, closing for the season?!?

oh well.

2 comments:

Sadie said...

That looks like fun!! :)

Julie said...

What a blast!!