Well, I would be counting down if my math skills were not so lacking. . . . . . as of today, 11 more treatments left! Most of the last treatments are "boosts" which will allow some of the really burned/broken down skin to heal, though it may be icky for the scarline that they are treating.
According to the doctor, my skin is doing okay, but he said it was a good thing the boosts were coming. I agree, some of the areas are getting really painful. I'm learning what "skin breakdown" means, on a very personal level! I heard from another lady doing radiation, that her doctor always says "oh, your skin looks just like I want it to." She handed him a copy of a magazine with a model in a bikini, and told him "THIS is how *I* want my skin to look!" Think I might try that.
2 comments:
I am amazed/dismayed by what the treatments have entailed for you over these months. l hope those "boosts" give you the promised chance to heal and your countdown gets to zero faster than you think! - Angela
thanks Angela :) Sometimes I wonder at the treatment myself! The other day someone asked "how are you" and without thinking I replied "they haven't killed me yet!" lol Still, I remind myself often, there is always someone worse off than me.
Post a Comment