The Agricultural Fair is something we have been doing for lots of years. Last year we did miss it, but we tried very hard to get back to it this year. Except for the fact that I mis-read when the awards ceremony was, we did well.
The kids can enter a variety of projects, from science fair experiments, to ceramics, seed art and shoebox dioramas. In the past we even put together a couple of booths!!
Here is Johnny's "dish garden"--a dino garden (got 2nd place!)
Hannah's cactus garden (got 2nd place!)
Rebekah's Fairy garden (2nd Place!) Rebekah's "Salad in a Pot"---first prize!
Jesse did a project watching the life cycle of ladybugs, and took some to the fair. He was really pleased that the judges liked it--they left him a first prize ribbon!
Both Rebekah and Johnny did science projects on hydroponics, and both got 2nd prize for their efforts.
the "clay project" category is always a favorite here. Rebekah tied hers to the fair theme: "California, We have a Good Thing Growing".
Jesse was still thinking of ladybugs when he did his "build an insect" project, and was rewarded with a 2nd prize ribbon.
We had so much fun doing all the projects, I realized we need to do more of these projects for school next year--not just for the ag. fair, but for us! So, coming soon. . . . . models of the solar system, hanging in the bedroom!
2 comments:
Nice projects!
I've been away from the blog world for a while, so I haven't kept up with reading your blog. Sorry. How are you feeling?
Brandi, so sorry for the late response--obviously I'm not keeping up well with my own blog! I'm doing pretty well these days. Getting my strength back and starting to feel somewhat like my old self :)
Post a Comment