Monday, May 14, 2012

New Challenge

I noticed my last post was about Relay for Life.  Funny 'cause this ties in :)  My new challenge is to raise money for a similar walk/run for a different cause.  The new cause is the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America.  This is the very first organization we turned to, when Emily was first diagnosed.  Sadly diseases of this kind are not as well funded as others, and money is needed to help with researching both treatment and cures.  Currently there is no cure for Crohn's disease and other Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. 

So the "Take Steps: Be Heard for Crohn's and Colitis" event is not till September.  Gives me plenty of time to raise money right?  I hope so!  This is a more "demanding" event for me than Relay for Life. . . . with Relay, I walk the "Survivor Lap" and then the rest is fun for me.  The "Take Steps" walk is a 10 mile walk/run!  It will be good for all of us--in a lot of ways. 

You can read more here:
http://online.ccfa.org/goto/NancyPuckett

No comments: