Remembering last summer, how full of activity it was, I had thought this summer would be a little calmer. Hmmm. I guess having 5 kids going in all directions, PLUS my little cancer friend, that is not to be. The kids are still going in many directions, and this summer I have my own set of "activities" to attend.
This week the activities for the family include the following: horseback riding, giving riding lessons, mountain bike race, pool parties, other swimming activities, volunteering at the library, VBS, kitty/geko sitting for friends and then my appointments too!
Last night was John's first "official" mountain bike race. It turned out to be a nice relaxing evening--um, for me and the kids :) We hung out on the playground and in the park, while John had the harder job of navigating the track.
It was reassuring to see him come across the finish line with ONLY a bruised/swollen hand, and a cut knee! Apparently the track back behind the hill we could see, was a little more involved than it looked.
The other big news yesterday was that I've been "released" from the surgeon's care. Kind of a graduation I guess. This is the first doctor I've gotten to say goodbye too on this journey of mine. Gives me confidence that we are moving forward, one more hurdle is past. I will probably have another doctor to start care with soon, but at least that is also moving forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment