So lets start with the not so good part, since I prefer to end on a good note. The not so good part was having chemo today. Not horrible, just not wonderful. Kind of the same 'ole, same 'ole. Nurses saw "good looking" veins in my hands, I strongly suggested they were no good, nurses tried anyway, veins didn't work out, and we went with the 2nd stick where I suggested. I think next week, suggestions are out and TELLING is in. There were more suggestions I get a more permanent line. Still thinking on that.
Just as was warned, my white and red blood cells are down. Bring on the hand sanitizer, and keep me away from the VBS crowd. I can feel that I'm "low" because my energy level isn't as high as it was before. On the positive side, I've been drinking my quarts of water every day, and my liver and kidney numbers are looking better. At the rate I'm going, I should buy stocks in the water company, or at least filtered water! I'm drinking at least 12 glasses of water every day, and usually treat myself to a cup of coffee as well. Yesterday I went all out and had strawberry lemonaid too :)
So that brings us to the good part: 4th of July weekend! First, I got to out to lunch with a friend. I love going out anywhere that they bring the food TO me, and where I don't have to cook or do dishes! We had a great time visiting and catching up. Wonderful way to start the holiday weekend :)
Monday was the parade that Hannah got to ride in. She did it last year and loved it. This year I think she loved it more, if that is possible. She got up at 2:45 to be in that parade!
They even came in 2nd for the equestrian entries according to Hannah. I won't tell you how many entries there were ; )
Jesse was especially proud of "The Rocketman" firework. Too bad he fell asleep before we set it off!
I think it's hilarious that the "swimming/getting wet" pictures I have, are of this wading pool. There was a HUGE waterslide/bounce house just to the left there out of the picture. Somehow, I got away with NO pictures of it!
Johnny posing with "the rocketman". He did stay awake, and got to help light it! With lots of supervision :)
Another highlight for Jesse---waterballoons. Notice his catching job :) Apparently this balloon was virtually indestructible. Love it.
All in all, we had a really busy day, that was really fun. I think it was one of the best "before chemo" days I've had in a very long time. Wonder if our friends want to have a party every Monday till my chemo is over?
3 comments:
Let's do it!!!!:)
So happy to see you, did you notice the " secret- hand shake?
Tim was bummed that A) he had to miss the party,( but very thankful that he has WORK) B) that you were there and had missed seeing you! :)
I love our school and especially the group that was there, such a blessing.
I keep hearing over and over at church how the Lord shows himself mightly through trials and sufferings. Sometimes we wonder where he's at, but that he IS there he is just carrying us in his hand.
LOVE THE PICTURES!!Happy you are getting out some. love, JIM AND RUFUS
I don't know you but my daughter, Angela, does. We are both sad that you are sick. From reading your posts, I can tell you have an attitude problem . . . an excellent one. Attitude that is. I will add you to my prayers and wish you well in your treatments and recovery.
Jennifer Rova
Post a Comment