Thursday, September 22, 2011

Indecision

So we were going to go for that 2nd opinion. . . . . . after much research and talking to many people and a few doctors, I decided not to get the 2nd opinion, just to do the radiation.  Made the appointment for my "simulation" and I felt good about it.  Then today, a new study came out that confirmed some of my fears, and gave me enough doubts that I'm thinking of cancelling the appointment. . . . for the 2nd time.  They are just going to love me at that office! 

The bottom line is that I really need to be convinced before I go through with this, and right now I'm not.  I'm hoping and praying that the doc will have patience with me (something I didn't really see before), and will be willing to explain things without being biased.  I heard this week that if the only tool you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.  I'm feeling like a nail right about now. 

The good news from this week is that Emily got her medication--finally!  There was a big insurance mix up on the day, but the doc's office worked really hard and got it taken care of.  Truthfully, they really went out of their way.  They not only called and got it straightened out with insurance, but they then sent someone to DRIVE to another office to pick up the medication, and bring it back! 

The infusion was uneventful, and Emily hasn't had many side effects to speak of.  Next one is in 2 weeks, and that will be when she can wean off her other medication--oh happy day!

No comments: