Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Jumping back into Life!

So now that chemo is over, I've found myself trying to jump right back into life as it moves along so quickly.  I'm finding that I'm still recovering, and I don't move as fast as life goes often!  Truthfully, my labs are not yet back to normal, so I am trying to take it easy and not do as much. 

Today was my first Tuesday since JUNE with no chemo.  Very strange, but kind of nice.  I did miss the nurses--almost called them just to say hi :) 

My sister sent me a link to a song today.  For some reason songs and music touch me in a way that other things don't.  You should have seen me boo hooing at church this week. . . I digress.  This song has such perfect words for my situation right now.  So many times this year I've felt that the situations I was in, were so very dark and sad.  Sometimes I wasn't able to see beyond the dark, to the light. 

One of the things the writer of this song said, was that loss does not have the final say.  What a huge encouragement.  In so many situations of loss, it is very difficult to see beyond that loss, to what is in the future.  The loss completely overwhelms us.  The hope we have in Jesus gives us certainty that loss does NOT have the final say, that there IS hope. 

The other thing that touched me about the song  is the title that is repeated throughout the song.  "Nothing is Wasted" what an encouragement.  Sometimes I forget how powerful God is.  He can redeem the situation, and completely change it.  Beyond that, sometimes He is at work in a way we cannot and may not see.  Often I've felt that this year has been a waste.  I've been consumed by all that cancer brings: treatments, appointments, surgery, tests. . . . not to mention the anxiety and fear that has stolen my time and energy.  To be reminded that NOTHING is truly wasted: God can redeem the situation. 

thanks for sending that song Barbara :)


Nothing Is Wasted


(Jason Gray / Jason Ingram / Doug McKelvey)



The hurt that broke your heart

And left you trembling in the dark

Feeling lost and alone

Will tell you hope’s a lie

But what if every tear you cry

Will seed the ground where joy will grow



And nothing is wasted

Nothing is wasted

In the hands of our Redeemer

Nothing is wasted



It’s from the deepest wounds

That beauty finds a place to bloom

And you will see before the end

That every broken piece is

Gathered in the heart of Jesus

And what’s lost will be found again



And nothing is wasted

Nothing is wasted

In the hands of our Redeemer

Nothing is wasted



From the ruins

From the ashes

Beauty will rise

From the wreckage

From the darkness

Glory will shine



http://www.rabbitroom.com/2011/09/track-8-nothing-is-wasted/

No comments: