I realized it has been a while since I updated. oops. sorry.
This week I had my "simulation" on Monday. I understood it to be a 30 minute appt, insted it was 1 HOUR and 30 minutes. ugh. Do you know how difficult it is to "hold still, don't move" on a hard narrow table, with your arms over your head for AN ENTIRE HOUR?! I do. The techs were very kind and understanding, even when I cried over the tatoos. Yes, tatoos. I'm told that at the proper magnification they look like a bouquet of flowers. Hmmmm.
Anyway, after the simulation, I had "skincare instructions". Wouldn't seem bad, except they told me that usually they start skincare at the 2 week mark. They wanted me to start the day before I started radiation. Hmmm. Well, you do what you can right? Got my creams, lotions and potions and we'll see how it goes.
The rest of this week has been the come in, get changed, lay down, don't move, get changed, go home. Not too bad. Now maybe it's only me, but when you are lying there and everyone is out of the room, crazy thoughts go through my head. Like, "they are coming back right?" and "that machine didn't get stuck on the ON position right?" The first day I counted how many seconds of actual radiation I was getting, but the other days I lost track before the end. I wanted to use it as a prayer time, but there is a lot of stopping and starting and that disturbs my concentration :)
Monday is "doctor day" at the radiation office. Doesn't really sound like much fun, but I guess we'll see. The good doctor ordered labwork, which I'm hoping he doesn't do too often. 2 sticks just for blood and I'm about done with needles. This Monday I have to take Emily to the doctor right after radiation, so I'm hoping he will make it snappy.
In other news, life continues to march on. Emily had her 2nd infusion of her new medicine this week--with no apparent side effects! Yay! She and I went to a college fair last night and found several colleges that have her field of interest. Sunday Hannah gets to go to her first Rodeo. She isn't IN the rodeo, but is really excited about it. I'm hoping she will wear her new boots she got last weekend. . . and the spurs too!
No comments:
Post a Comment