Tomorrow is the big day: treatment number 3. I'm thankful that I'm feeling peaceful and not uptight tonight. Not going to lie and say I'm excited, but I'm at peace. Glad to be "this far" in, and looking forward to being done with my first 4 cycles of the chemo. Hoping that this time around it won't be as bad since I'm over the fevers.
This week has been just lovely :) I've had some energy--not as much as before chemo, but some. Been able to run a few errands "just like old times" and even get in a few coupon deals! Ask me about my new Swiffer wet jet :) Also been able to putter around in the garden, and I'm hoping to actually plant a few things next week too. I told John that gardening is a good hobby for me. I can do as much as my energy level permits, go rest, and do some more later. Plus I'm staying away from "crowds and small children" as instructed.
More exciting news: our new kitchen floor!!! John has been hard at work, assisted by his Dad and mine. Lots of hard work, and maybe, just maybe it will be finished this weekend! 
2 comments:
I will be praying for you, my friend!
Lisa
I'm praying for the Lords peace to surround you today with your appt.
Yay! I love gardening! But you can't tell by the way my garden looks at the moment.
Plant plant plant, but do it in baby steps. There is something uplifting and beautiful about being surrounded in God's creation that helps us and bless us and gives us strength. When I'm worried or burden, there's nothing like walking outside to look at the birds or hummers and be reminded of God's word( like in Matt 6:25-). It gets put in perspective, that HE is in control and that HE is a BIG God.:)
To add to your garden. Have John go to Joannes and get the $1-5 birdhouses and have the kids paint them with put door acrylic paint. So fun.
Praying always for you my friend
Lisa F.
Post a Comment