Monday, August 15, 2011

Number 9

Tomorrow is number 9 and that means just 3 more after this one.  Woo hoo!  Successful blood draw today (maybe because I now request WHO draws my blood!), and hoping for an easy IV tomorrow.  Always hoping, every now and then it happens! 

Emily and I went visiting today.  We visited the pediatric unit where she stayed up till last week.  Brought them some cinnamon bread and some chocolate, chocolate chip bread.  mmmmmm.  Sadly, the nurse at the desk was one we never saw before, and the other nurse, wasn't one of our very favorite.  The doc there on duty was one of our favorites though, and he was so pleased to see Emily looking good and up and around!  Funniest thing for me was Emily's request to have lunch in the hospital cafeteria :)  She had heard about the cafeteria from both times she was in the hospital, and this last time, I brought her yummy food from there.  So she and I dined in the cafeteria.  We had tuna melts and shared curly fries :)  We both are wondering if she is hospitalized again, and writes "tuna melt" on her menu, if it will be as good as the ones from the cafeteria.  She promised me she'd try NOT to find out.  phew. 

The other thing on the agenda is another bike race tomorrow.  Johnny and John both have a bike race in the afternoon/evening.  I'm HOPING that chemo goes nice and smooth, and I'll be feeling up to driving out to see the race.  Last time, I snoozed through the WHOLE infusion, and was tired afterwards too.  Last time though, I had just gotten home from staying in the hospital with Emily, so hopefully I'm better rested.  Of course, last Wednesday I was nauseated the entire day, and was wiped out Thursday and Friday--yikes!  Here's hoping I'm better rested this week, and have minimal side effects.

No comments: