Monday, August 1, 2011

Today's update

Today we thought was a "watch and wait" day, turned into a "procedures" day.  Ugh.  Emily is now the proud owner of a PICC line--the same "longer term" IV that I was wondering about getting.  How ironic.  She is getting lots of good stuff to perk her up and I'm HOPING that tomorrow she will be feeling a little more like her old self.  We'll see.  She is being seen by pediatrics, interventional radiologists, surgeons and GI specialists.  She's a busy gal.  We are so very thankful for the terrific care she is receiving.  Today as John and I left for a bit, we were going to pray, and the nurse asked to join us! 

As far as little ole' me. . . . got my routine labs today, and will have my regular chemo tomorrow.  Since I'm supposed to be avoiding infection and children, I haven't decided if I'll fess up to the fact that I'm living at the hospital with my child right now :) 

Hope to update again soon. . . . next time I come home for a visit!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my. Just read your post. Dear Emily... praying for her/ for all of you. (I am really surprised they didn't give you a PICC line or a port. I would hate to be poked so often. )
Diana Gruber