100% is a very good number wouldn't you say? It implies completion, and really, you can't get much better than that. This was the news for us at my oncology appointment today. "your cancer has had a 100% response to the chemotherapy". The nurse practitioner was so happy for me that she printed me out the entire pathology report. So kind, but truthfully, I can't understand a lot of it : D What I DO understand, is that a professional, who fights cancer for a living, is telling me that what is going on in my case is outstanding!
The plan is still for 12 more weeks of chemo. She said that the 12 weeks will be insurance on my next 40 years--I think I can do that. They will continue to let me heal from the surgery, and re-evaluate in 2 weeks. They would like to re-start chemo before the end of the month, but we will see how quickly I heal.
While I'm not looking forward to a summer of chemo treatments, I'm so thankful for my progress so far. So thankful for lots of things: supportive friends who bring meals, help clean the house, get groceries for me, care for my kids, give rides to doc appointments and the list goes on. I'm thankful for good medical insurance that has allowed me to get the wonderful care I have received. I'm also SO thankful for my oncologist's office and the supportive, sincere care I've received. We have been so blessed.
4 comments:
Amazing, wonderful, awesome news. So happy for you! You can get through anything if there's a distinct end point and a happy ending, right?!
What a wonderful report Nancy! Thank you for sharing so much of your life with us all. Blessings!
That is such fantastic news Nancy!
I am so excited for you Nancy!
God surely is a good God!Thank you for sharing your happy news!
Mary E.
Post a Comment