Tomorrow is the big day to start my second round of chemo. Twelve weekly treatments--sounds like a whole lot right now. I'm told that the drug I'm receiving this time is a whole lot less harsh, and that some people even re-grow their hair on it. Hope so. It would be really sad to see my cute little peach fuzz fall out. I'm told there won't be such a huge drop in immunity, and that nausea is also not common. Apparently the main side effects are extreme fatigue, oh, and my nails will turn brown/black. Ick. Bring on the nail polish.
On the positive side, John finished school last week, so he's home for the summer. He will be around to support me and keep the kids in line :) I'm hoping the fatigue won't be too bad, we have lots of summer activities I had hoped for the kids to do! I guess only time will tell.
Wanted to share a song someone shared with me today. The words are EXACTLY what I've been struggling with and feeling for the last 5 months or so. The song is called "No Matter What" and speaks to the fact that no matter what happens, my trust is in God.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA3MSqufJP4
1 comment:
You'll be in my prayers and thoughts today nancy.
Lisa F.
Post a Comment