Sunday, February 27, 2011

Chemo: 2 days in

One lesson learned, don't eat pizza when you get home from chemo. . . . no matter how good you feel! Thankfully one episode of vomiting was payment for that, and I've felt little nausea since. I've been feasting on canned peaches, and am branching out to mac and cheese this morning. Sweet Rebekah made me a really yummy peach/strawberry smoothie that was delicious as well. So thankful for others bringing meals--I really can't face much food!

Other neat side effects include "the IV burn", joint/bone aches, and extreme lethargy/weakness. Frustrating, but very manageable. 3 kids and John with colds/fever are not fun, and I managed to get the cold too. Very grateful that my doc agreed that my immune system is not yet destroyed, and I didn't have to come in for IV antibiotics. Fever seems to be almost gone today.

Thank you so much for your prayers, support, errand running, ride giving. . . . . . so very grateful!

No comments: