We've been so busy the last few days that I'm now behind. Yesterday was a fabulous day at Disneyland!!! Through the very generous gift of a friend, our whole family plus my sister got to spend the day away from cancer! Almost--the hospital called just once. Such a nice getaway, and good times with family. A generous aunt and uncle sent us a nice gift card that we got to spend to make the day even more enjoyable!
I should mention that Johnny took that last one of Jesse and me all by himself! Can't say enough about the day--I even got to go on the jungle boat cruise--I love that ride! We introduced Rebekah to the wonderful world of roller coasters. . . . ah, such memories!!!
That brings me to today. Want to know what I had for breakfast this morning? Here you go :
Yep, 2 bottles of barium. And in case you're wondering, no it wasn't tasty!! To add insult to injury, I had to drink one at 3:30AM, the other at 5:30 AM and be at the hospital by 6:30. You'll never guess what they had waiting for me there. Yep, more barium! I'm shuddering just looking at that picture. That is one test I'm not sure I could do again!!!
So I had my CT scan of most everything inside me, had several hours to run errands (ask me about my cute new glasses!) then back to the hospital for my echocardiogram, and across town to have my blood drawn.
Hours later, all my grocery shopping and errands done, appointments finished, I was able to get an appointment for chemo tomorrow morning. Kind of mixed feelings there. Not sure I *want* to do this, but eager to move forward and take one more step to getting towards the end.
Some more good news . . . . friends have been so generous! Gift cards for food are arriving!!! The kids were able to enjoy a pizza for lunch (Mom you NEVER get delivery!), and we have more gift cards for when I can't cook or just need the break. I'm feeling the love here! Really, I'm humbled by friends generosity as well as willingness to help us.
Prayer requests for this weekend. . .
*John is sick! Pray he recovers quickly, both so he feels better, and so I don't get sick as my immune system drops
*Pray the chemo is easy for me. . . . both with the administration tomorrow, and side effects over the next week or so.
*Continue to pray for my children as they have their lives disrupted by all this. Pray that they would have extra patience, and that they would benefit from the lessons available for them.
1 comment:
Hi Nancy, I have to tell you that I have been following your blog for a long time and when I first read you have cancer I felt like someone punched me in the stomach. I sat down and cried for you and your family, and prayed. I want you to know that I find strength in your courage and the way you are handling this. I really look up to you and am praying for you guys every day. You are an amazing person and mother. I know you'll beat this and be around for a long time. And on a lighter note, you look really great with short hair. :)
Post a Comment