Thursday, February 17, 2011

City of Hope


It was such a nice place! Relaxing, fountains, gardens etc etc. The people were all very nice, and there were colors everywhere. Free valet parking was kinda cool too :)
In spite of me FORGETTING to bring the mammogram/ultrasound films (duh!) the visit went very well. The doctor pulled his chair up, and we talked. For a long time. It felt like he had no where else to be, and all the time in the world to answer my questions. No desk, no computer no papers to shuffle through, just sitting and talking. Answering questions.
The end of the visit was probably more impressive than the rest. The doctor handed me his business card, and invited me to e-mail him with any other questions that came up. To me, that was amazing. I came simply for a consultation, a 2nd opinion of my care, and now feel like I have another doctor "on call".
On our way home, we got a call from my oncologist, and the result of my genetics test is not in yet. They were calling to see if I want to keep the appointment, if the test is not available. We agreed to wait and see if it comes in mid morning, and if not, I'll wait and re-schedule.
Back to the waiting room. . . . .

1 comment:

Chanticleer said...

Hi Nancy,
I jumped over here from the Weaver board and wanted you to know I'll keep praying! City of Hope--what a great name, sounds like something out of Pilgrim's Progress.

The Lord bless and keep you and the family in the palm of His hand today!

K from WV