Let's start with the good news. I slept last night! That is a true miracle. I haven't slept well since I got my diagnosis last week. Last night some friends came over and prayed for us, and one thing we prayed for was sleep. I actually felt SLEEPY last night, and was able to lay down at 10:30 and didn't wake till 6am. That is HUGE. I've been waking at 4 every morning. It is also a miracle, because with 3 kids who are sick, they also slept! That could only come from God.
Yesterday we got the MRI report and visited the surgeon. Not much new news at this point. The MRI did show lymph node enlargement, so I'm going back for a biopsy of that. Not happy, but at least I know what the biopsy involves and I feel prepared for it.
Today at noon I'll be presented at the "Tumor conference" at the hospital. That means a group of doctors from surgeons to radiology oncologists will get to see all my films, biopsy results, history and tests, and will put their heads together to develop a plan of care. Please pray for wisdom and clarity of thought for them. I'm choosing to see this as a great chance to get 2nd opinions (for free!). Their recommendations and my genetic test results will be discussed with me when I go back to the oncologist on d-day.
Also on the agenda this week is a chemo class. I haven't decided to actually attend, because well, I don't want to :) It's in an unfamiliar place, child care will be inconvenient, I may have to go alone, and most of all, it's over dinnertime, and there is no mention of serving food! A travesty! Not really sure if this class is "required" or "a good idea". Having been to childbirthing classes which were a COMPLETE waste of time, I'm skeptical. Now if there were dinner involved, it might be different!
One last thing. People keep reminding me to ask for help if I need it, and want to know what they can do. I thought of one thing--well besides praying. If/when you come across a verse and God tells you to share it with me, send it to me on a 3x5 card. I'm collecting them, and keeping them in my purse to pull out in times of stress. I'm amazed at how many have been given to me already! As always, thanks for your prayers for me and my family.
1 comment:
I'm thinking about you every day. You're in my prayers. {{{{gentle hugs}}}}}
Post a Comment